Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Damian! Today (barely - it's midnight) is my son's 8th birthday. It's kind of a milestone. In our church, you can get baptized at age 8, and he can also join the church's cub scouts troup. He would like to get baptized soon, and is very excited to start cub scouts - but may wait until next month after BMX season ends, because they would both be on the same night. Boy is tomorrow going to be busy. Here's the plan - I'll have to write again to see how it all went. I have to get the goodie bags ready for the party, pick up treats and drinks for his classroom, go straight from school to his party at a local 80's style arcade, straight from there to soccer practice, where we'll serve more treats, and straight from soccer to the grandparents for more weekend festivities. I better fit packing in there somewhere, huh? I have saved myself some stress, though by decorating the cake tonight. When I asked D what he wanted, his answer was "Mario Brothers...and Scooby Doo". WHAT?????? I was just going to try to convince him he wanted something else, then decided, No - this is what he wants, can I make it work? I was skeptical, but then hubby said he thought I could do ANYTHING!!!! - so I decided to try. With my bro's suggestion of using candies instead of drawing things out, I set to work. I spent about 30 min. in a candy store this morning w/ a 2 and 3 yr old (AAAAHHHHHH) - no, they really weren't too bad. Then to a grocery store to get everything I'd need. Here's what I came up with tonight:
This is the "front" - the Scooby Doo side.
(that mess around Shaggy is supposed to be food that they dropped cuz they're so scared. It's a gummi pizza and gummi sub sandwich)
Here's the back - or Mario Brothers side.
I hope he likes it! Wish me luck on my hectic day tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get the best mom of the year award 4 sure! Im postive your weekend will be wonderful. Nothing like a busy weekend to help you remember how much free time you usually have. LOL Enjoy the weekend and tell Damian we said Happy Birthday. By the way what time is his party? And enjoy your family.

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

good luck! Except tomorrow is today and you're probably done with it all by now, anyway :)

Hope you have a great weekend and happy birthday hugs!

Steve and Kenna said...

That is a cute cake! My poor kids get a cake from the store.

My Digital Scrapbook