Monday, October 27, 2008

More than a week later...

I have plenty to catch up on. So, this past week, we've been busy. Of course there's the normal story times, dance, cheerleading, and BMX. Damian also managed to fit in some dirt bike riding.
My bro and I took his kids to a pumpkin patch, which, of course was a lot of fun. We did the hayride out to the mazes and the pumpkin patch where the kids could pick their own pumpkins.
We picked out costumes from our extensive supply of dress-up stuff. Trenton chose to be a pirate,
Nevaeh's a fairy princess,
Damian's a Ninja - check out those weapons!
And Angel's a Snow Princess. Check out her hair! This was my first attempt at a "halo braid". I was rather impressed w/ myself. So much so, that I did the same hairdo for my niece.
We went to our church's trunk-or-treat Saturday night, which was a lot of fun for everyone. We even brought a friend, so we had quite a group.
We also did more birthday celebrating. My dad and step-mom, Ang, hadn't gotten to see Damian to give him a present, so they took us all to Incredible Pizza for dinner and fun. My sis and bro-in-law came, too. Grandad got each kid a game card w/ plenty of credits to do the "big" things - like the bumper cars, go karts, and mini-golf. We must have picked a good time to go, because we also got 6 free mini-golf games for signing up for their email list. The kids got to spin a wheel for more prizes. They won a free go kart ride and another mini-golf game. Later, they announced an ice cream eating contest. Damian came in 2nd and won another $10 game card, and Angel tied for 3rd for a $5 card. Since we had so much $$ to play with, we all rode the bumper cars twice! It was so much fun, I wish I had pics - but I was actually riding for a change! This was the first time we've been there that Angel was tall enough to ride. I'm usually playing w/ her while the boys do that kind of thing, so this was a special treat. :) Damian also rode the simulator. This was the first time he's been tall enough for that. I've ridden it - and it's pretty crazy. It goes upside down and all around until I was quite dizzy. D loved it! You can see the people inside on a monitor, so we got to watch while he rode - and he was grinning from ear to ear. He's quite the little thrill-seeker. Then the 6 of us (the 4 of my fam w/ Dad and Ang) all played mini-golf. That was really nice to spend that time together having fun. After mini-golf, Angel challenged Grandad to a game of air hockey. Grandad started out winning, but Angel soon began to catch up. Her face when she scored a point was priceless:
It was a great family night out. Thanks Dad and Ang. :)

1 comment:

Steve and Kenna said...

Sounds like a fun night out. It is always nice when you get to do the rides with the kids.

My Digital Scrapbook