Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pics from the weekend

Here are some of the pics from this past weekend. For Damian's birthday, I got a little creative and made him these pancakes:
We were almost late for school. I think they had 10 min. to eat them! After school, we held his birthday party at 1984, a local arcade that is VERY cool! :) The kids (and grown ups) had fun. :)
Here's the damage the deer did to the car. :(
We went to a pumpkin patch in Sedalia that was pretty fun. My ornery kids made faces in each of these photos - this is the best one.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pics of my family over the weekend, but we had a great time spending time w/ everyone. My bro and sis were in a district choir thing, and we went to their performance. It was great. They are very talented. I also got to see my new niece. She's actually my nephew's baby, so I don't know what that makes her, but she's gorgeous! She's about a month old. I wanted to get a pic, but she was a little cranky, and I didn't want to flash her in the eyes and upset her more. I'll get some pics next time, though. Can you believe that makes my sis a grandma at 31!!??? I love to tease her about it. :) Of course it's her step-son - but still...so funny. And it's karma. She made our step-mom a grandma at age 33. Ha ha ha. :) I don't know what kind of karma is going to come back to bite me for enjoying this so much - but I'm already 33 - so I know I won't be a young grandma like them. :) Anyway....
To get caught up - yesterday and today have been pretty busy for me. I've worked at the school both days, all day. Today I helped sort books for the RIF program at another location, then helped out w/ the health fair at the kid's school. Tonight was Open House, also, so there was plenty for me to do yesterday to help get ready for that. Since I don't have the munchkins this week, I plan to spend a lot of time at the school. I'll be back to normal child care duties next week. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

How creative are you! Look at those pancakes!

Oh, deer damage...scary stuff.

I see life come hard at you too...but there are good times of pumpkin patches rolled in between!

My Digital Scrapbook