Friday, October 10, 2008

We made it!

We're now safely arrived at my in-laws. Everything went fairly well today - although very rushed. Damian had several friends at his birthday party and got a lot of things that he's pretty excited about. I think all the kids had fun playing the arcade games. Some of them hadn't been there before. We were a little late to the soccer practice, but since we shared the cake and cookies from the party, I don't think they minded. :) We left straight from practice to go find a deer to hit. Well, obviously that wasn't REALLY our intention, but that's what happened anyway. Lucky for the deer, it didn't live to suffer, and lucky for us, the car still runs, and we were able to continue on our way. It was quite a surprise, though, to arrive at my in-laws and not be able to get out of my door! We thought the damage was mainly in the front, but apparently, something was jammed back enough to keep the passenger door from opening. We'll be able to drive around and get back home, but we will have to have it repaired soon.
Our family party is tomorrow evening. We're celebrating all Sept. and Oct. birthdays. There are 6 of them - 7 if we include my brother whose b-day is in Nov. We'll be attending a show choir performance that I have a brother and sis both performing in. I'm very excited to see them perform. They usually do very well, but I have not gotten to see a performance yet. I've watched them practice at home a few times, and that can be pretty entertaining! We're also going to try to fit in a visit to a pumpkin patch either tomorrow or Sunday. Should be a fun weekend. :) I'll post picks when I get home.

1 comment:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

How awful for you. We hit a deer a few years ago and they ended up totaling our minivan because it bent the frame...

And I got a fat lip and a black eye from the air bag. Sad.

HOpe you have lots of fun anyway!

My Digital Scrapbook