Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day(s) of school

Monday, 25th was the first day of school. We had gone to "meet the teacher day" on Friday, and both kids got the teachers they wanted. Yay!!! Angel, especially was very excited about starting kindergarten. Damian was excited to see his friends again, but not as excited about the academic part. :( So, Monday morning, I got up early to make a special pancake breakfast. Unfortunately, my happy faces came out looking a little scary. Oh, well - they tasted good! Damian was not eating much, then started complaining of his head hurting. Uh-oh...sure enough - he had a fever of 101. So, no school for Damian. Angel had the first day celebration to herself. I made the school bus cake that has become a tradition, and each child got a special present after school. Damian got his, too, even though his first day was a little different. Tomorrow will be his first day since today was the first day his temp. was less than 100. He called his best friend today to catch up. They are not in the same class this year for the first time. I'm curious to see how that goes. They'll only have recess to hang out together. Angel, on the other hand, already has a boyfriend! Just great!!!!

3 comments:

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Awww, poor little guy! Glad he's better - it was fun to catch up on all of your pictures!

Anonymous said...

hope your doing ok. I haven't seen a post from u or heard from you! So just know I'm thinking of u

Cheryl said...

Breakfast looks fun! You are such a good mom...I can tell!

My Digital Scrapbook