Wednesday, August 27, 2008
... continued
So, our visit w/ our high school friend and her family went great. I wish we'd had time to stay longer, but Grandad was expecting us for dinner. He wanted to take us to an Italian place that he used to take Grandmother to.
It was very good. The next day was Monday, and we had a busy day planned. We went out to breakfast, then out to the "island" of Coronado.
We saw the Hotel del Coronado, where my dad used to play piano. It's a beautiful building. We didn't go in, but Dad says we should have - the lobby is amazing.
We drove around a little bit - it's a beautiful community, then went to the beach. I walked along the shore, found a few seashells, and got my feet wet (ok, and my legs and pants and a couple splashes on my shirt. I was a mess!) I loved it. :) I didn't find as many shells as I'd hoped to, but I got a few. This is the first summer that my kids have not been to any beach. I feel bad about that, but I'm so glad I got to go, even though I didn't get in the water (too much). I just love the beach! :) Later, we drove around some more, went to see where my Great-Grandad used to live,
then met 2 of my aunts and an uncle for dinner. 
It was very nice seeing them all again, and I wished I had more time to spend together. I also would have liked to see more of the family. I have some cousins in the area that I'd like to see next time. We left the next morning. It was a long trip and full of fun, but I left wishing I had more time to visit. I'd like our next visit to be even longer, and full of more fun and visiting. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment