I'm out of town this weekend, visiting family. I got to Mom's around 4 pm today. We've had a nice visit so far. My MIL also came over for dinner, and now I'm at her house to stay overnight. Tomorrow we'll have the Summer Birthday Bash. I'm making the cake. I'm excited about it, and hope it turns out nice. I'll post a pic. when I get home. My mom is raising two baby bluebirds. It's pretty cool. The funny thing is, the dog is kind of mothering the birds. When they start chirping that they're hungry, the dog starts whining, and goes to find my mom. If a bird gets out, the dog stays close to it, and whines and keeps looking back at Mom until she gets it back in the cage. It's so funny! For a while, the dog was even laying on the floor kind of under the cage just looking up at it.
Well, I'm trying to make icing roses tonight. No - I never have before, and no - I don't know how. I'm looking up instructions on the net! :) Like I said, I'll post pics later - we'll see if there's any roses on the cake! Hehe. I just love how I always get myself in over my head with creative/crafty stuff. For some reason, I never learn, and I keep trying to do things that I have no reason to believe I should be able to do! Well, you have to start somewhere! I just never choose to start w/ a class - I choose to just do it on my own, w/ no instruction. Like I said - we'll see.
Angel had her first piano lesson today. No, I haven't signed her up anywhere. Grandma Harris gave her her first lesson. Thanks, Mom. Angel was so excited, and proud of herself when she got it right. I can't wait to hear her playing music for us all the time.
More good news that I didn't get to post yesterday - we sold a couple properties! Yay! I'm hoping that means we have some $$$$ to put towards getting our new house finished. Frank said he hopes to have us moved in by Christmas. I'm so excited!!!! I just can't wait. We went out to dinner yesterday with some good friends (who also sold a property yesterday - their first) to celebrate. They were so sweet. They gave us a really mushy card and Frank a really nice gift because Frank has taught and helped him through getting into real estate. They're also working on some other business prospects together, which could be pretty exciting. We'll have to wait and see how that goes.
Ok - so I'm off to try to make roses. Wish me luck!



No comments:
Post a Comment