Thursday, August 7, 2008

Catching up

I'm having fun catching up with my digital scrapbooking sites, and freebie hunting again. :) Hopefully I'll get some layouts done soon, too. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next several days, though.

The big story from today is the BLACK WIDOW in my garden. The kids and I went to the new house to work in the garden this afternoon. It was actually kind of nice out, for a change. I was pulling weeds and the kids were looking for ripe veggies to pick. We were all in the same area, when Angel said "look at that spider!" It was only a couple inches from my hand - right where I was weeding. It looked a little more brown than black, though, so I thought it was just a garden spider of some sort (I guess it was dirty). Damian was right next to me, both of us leaning over to see it and as it crawled into a hole in the ground, for just a second, we caught a glimpse of red on it's underside! Damian yelled "it's a black widow!" Me: "are you sure?" D: "it has red on it - look out it's coming towards you!" By this time I was standing up straight, and looking around for something to smash it with, so I hadn't seen it come out of it's hole. Unfortunately, I was wearing flimsy flip flops, and the ground was muddy from watering, so I couldn't just step on it. Angel came to the rescue -handing me her plastic yellow hoe, and I whacked it a few times. Phew! Damian made sure to add to our prayer at dinner a "thank you" to God that no one got bit by the black widow today. :)

This weekend I'll be out of town. We'll be having a big birthday party for all the summer birthdays in the family at my mom's. I'm looking forward to it! Here are some pics - to catch up on what I couldn't post before. Here's one layout I did a couple weeks ago, and some pics we took w/ an underwater camera. It was so much fun!



No comments:

My Digital Scrapbook