So, let me tell you a little about the Jonathan Club. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Club)
It is an exclusive members only club in LA. My friend's in-laws are members, so they had the wedding there. The members of the wedding party got to stay there (including us). The club and rooms are very luxuriously decorated. (I'll post pics asap.)


When you drive up, a valet takes your car, then someone takes your luggage, holds open the door, etc. Unfortunately, since we weren't dressed "appropriately", we were escorted the back way - not through the main lobby. Everywhere you go in the building is really nice. There are certain dress codes for different places you go in the building. Where the wedding and reception were held is nice dress - coat and ties for men, dresses for women.

No flip flops or jeans anywhere in the club. Some areas are "business casual". Frank was a little frustrated that he actually had to go buy a suit to be able to walk around the building and go to the wedding. He looked awfully handsome, though, so I enjoyed it. I think what made such an impact is the attention to detail. The towels and robes in the room were embroidered w/ the JC logo.

There were waters w/ the JC logo in the fridge, and in the afternoon - they delivered cookies to our room "on the house"! YES!!! My new fav. place hehe. :) As I mentioned in my prev. post, the bed was turned down for us each night, too. The food was amazing the whole weekend. Servers in white jackets and gloves served at each meal, or refilled buffets as needed. It was great. I thoroghly enjoyed experiencing that lifestyle for a weekend. :)
This is my bridesmaid gift from my friend. The necklace and jewelry box are both beautiful.
2 comments:
Wow! That sounds awesome!
I wish I could do that. Minus the buying the suit. OUCH! LOL! Glad you had a great time and your back on the blogging. Talk to ya later.
hugs ;)
Post a Comment