Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend pics

I need to catch up on my Project 365 photos.  We spent a nice couple of days at Big Cedar, and really had a great time.  This first photo is of the dining area and kitchen in our condo there.  I thought the giant fish on the back of the bench was a bit much, but the rest of the family liked it.  I took this photo on Thursday, 1/15.
This photo was taken Friday, 1/16, at Big Cedar.  We had arrived late in the evening on Thursday, so we got our first good look at the property on Friday.  It's a really beautiful place, and they've really done a lot to keep things true to nature and to preserve the beauty of the area.  This is a frozen waterfall, which looked pretty cool.
This photo was also taken on Friday - I couldn't choose just 1.  :)  We went to a "bonfire" that they hold every Friday at Big Cedar.  You can roast marshmallows and hear the history of Big Cedar.  It was freezing, but we all had fun roasting marshmallows.
Saturday, 1/17, we had to check out but we still fit in a round mini-golf before we left.  One of the holes had this awesome birdhouse next to it.  I just had to get a pic!  I told Damian and Frank that I thought they could build one of these.  They were doubtful.  
Sunday, 1/18, is one of my sis' birthday.  We went to Dad's for dinner, where my (step) Mom had prepared my sis' fav meal and cake for her birthday.  While we were there, Dad showed us that he was on the cover of the January Springfield Symphony program!  Wow!  That's awesome!  He didn't have an extra copy, so I just had to get a pic.
I don't have any pics yet today (Mon 1/19), but the kids are off of school and I'm also watching my niece and nephew.  I'm sure I'll find something to post up later today.  :)  
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

lol...I saw that fish when I first looked too!

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

I am finding time to stop by ...okay...making time!

Miss Chris said...

Your photos are great. I love the one of the waterfall! I need to catch up on 365 too!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

That's so cool about your dad!

Scraps of Candy said...

That frozen waterfall pic is amazing!

SpeedyCycles said...

WooHoo!! Your dad is "Program Cover" famous, also seen on TV, the news, and other guest appearances. "I KNOW THAT GUY!!"

My Digital Scrapbook