Wednesday, January 7, 2009

15 again

Yesterday I did my hair in braids.  2 french braids all the way down my back.  I don't know why - it just came to me to do that when I was getting ready for my pilates class.  It seemed like a good way to have my hair done so it would be out of my way, and I wouldn't be laying on a clip or ponytail for the floor work.  Anyway, when my kids got home, I got a strong reaction.  Angel loved it, gave me a hug, and had me do her hair the same way this morning.  Damian said "Mom, do you think you're 15 again?"  Of course I NEVER wore my hair that way when I was 15!  Noooo, I spent an hour in front of the mirror curling the ends and hair spraying my bangs just right. 
Later, while driving him to scouts, I was singing along to the radio, and an early 90's song came on, and sang my heart out.  Damian's response was "Mom, I think you really do think you're
 15."  By his tone of voice, he didn't think that was a good thing.  So, I asked, "why do you think that?"  
"Well, your hair, and I've never heard you sing like that, and...I think you're even a little skinnier."  WooHoo!!!!  He didn't realize that he just made my day!  I felt cute and young for the rest of the evening.  Too bad my son didn't seem too impressed by my burst of youth.  Not to worry - it didn't last long.  I'm feeling way too normal today.  
Here's my photo from yesterday, Jan 7.  It was during an activity at church with the youth.  This is a great action shot of a pretty fun game.  I'm not going to take the time to explain it - you had to be there.  :)

No comments:

My Digital Scrapbook