Sunday, January 11, 2009

More photos

I am apparently quite a slacker!  I meant to post daily, and that has obviously not happened.  So, here I am playing catch up yet again.  Starting with Thursday, Jan. 8.  Angel started gymnastics again this month after taking a few months off to do cheerleading.  So I took a few photos of her first class of the year.  I liked this one because she jumped right out of the picture!

Friday, I actually forgot to take a photo.  :(  I know, I'm not doing so good only 8 days in.  Here's my honorary Friday photo.  My newest Lynn Kurland book.  I got it Thursday, and I'm already almost done reading it.  
Saturday's photo is really pretty depressing.  Saturday is "clean room day" for my kids.  I'm actually not real good at enforcing it, and we are usually pretty busy on Saturdays.  But on the Saturdays that we stay home, they have to clean their room.  I know it's hard.  They are sharing a room right now, there's not enough storage, and not much room, so I know it's tough on them.  One more reason I can't wait to get moved into our new house, where they'll each have their own room, own closet, and more storage space.  So, after 2 1/2 hours of cleaning - this is what their room looked like.  Trust me - you didn't want to see it before!

Here's today's photo.  This is our OUTDOOR cat, Rocky.  She adopted us a couple years ago.   The kids and I are pretty allergic to cats, which is why she's an outdoor pet.  This winter, though, she's been sneaking in every time we open the front door.  Apparently she'd rather be an indoor cat now, but it's not going to happen!   She did fine last winter, and we do let her in the garage, so she has shelter.  (I'm not that mean)
Ok, whew, caught up!  I hope I'm able to keep up better this week.  :)  Daily posts, daily posts, daily posts.... I'm just going to keep telling myself that over and over!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I've been posting mine to Flickr two or three at a time...getting behind too..don't get hung up on that...or even when the photo was taken...just that you have one to represent each day.

I had to smile at the children's mess -- so classic! Keep it up!

Steve and Kenna said...

You are doing better than I would be. Keep it up it will only get eaier. Love the kids room!

Miss Chris said...

Good for you for sticking with it! I love the pics especially the kids room one. I can SO relate!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Yeah, well, we get caught up, don't we?! I remember the messy room days and the cleaning days... neither child of mine ever "got" the concept of cleaning :)

MamaB said...

Woohoo! Some wonderful real life moments here!

SpeedyCycles said...

Urg, you should see OUR room, lol. I hate mess, Shannon is much much much better at "tolerating" it than I am :) Good for her!

-Chubby Hubby

My Digital Scrapbook