Another surprise I got yesterday was a new car!!!! Not a NEW car, but a 90-something Toyota Solara w/ sunroof. It's in good shape, and looks nice. I haven't driven it yet, though. Frank drove it today. I still love my other vehicle - so I'm not heartbroken not to drive the new one. Frank wants to clean it up a little more, too. It will get much better gas mileage, though, than my SUV. The surprise was pretty funny. Apparently the car was parked out there for 2 days before I realized it! I know that seems weird, or obvious, but to those who know Frank and I well, maybe you'll understand. There are always more vehicles around here than there are people to drive them. I should be more observant, but I'm just used to things coming and going. Here's the scenario. I don't even know which day he brought the car home, but I noticed it Sat. night. For the past week, or two, we've had my MIL's SUV here, and she had our 2-door dk. green car. She came for a visit this week, so we had the SUV and the green car here. Also, we have a friend's green car parked in our driveway so that Frank can work on it. Also, my MIL owns another dk. green car that is being worked on, but I knew was supposed to be picked up this weekend. All these cars are different makes and models, but all dark green. While my MIL and the SUV were here, I didn't pay attention to all the cars in the driveways - I just knew it was crowded, and I was driving MY SUV - not any of the other cars. Driving home Fri., I noticed that there was at least one extra car in the driveway, something wasn't quite right - the tail lights looked unfamiliar, but then I remembered we were having a couple over, and I recognized their car. I don't know why I didn't question the other car - maybe thought it was just our car, or the one being worked on...I don't know. So, it wasn't until we were driving home from being out last night, and as we pulled in the driveway next to the new car, I saw that it said Solara on the back. OK, I know we don't own a Solara! I asked Frank whose car it was, and he just started laughing. Then he told our son, D, "she finally noticed" - like it was an inside joke! He said our friends that came over Fri. were wondering how long it would take for me to notice, also. :) So, apparently, I need to be more observant! :)
Anyway, here's what I made last night. I used a kit by Julie.It.is - her blog is listed on the right side - and some wordart by Bethany, also listed on the right. These two ladies are very talented designers, and I love their products. Thanks Julie and Bethany! :)



1 comment:
Wonderful LO. You know when you post a new post on your blog they have a blog train you can put it on. Follow this link and you can post about posting to your blog and people will visit and leave comments. Then you are suppose to visit the other blogs and leave comments. Again nice job on your LO and loads of events for you to post about. Tell Angel I think she did wonderful on your jewelry. And let Damian know we think he looks cool on the soccer feild. Tell Frank Hi and gosh if your going to by her a car at least give her a bow on it to make it clear. LOL
Post a Comment