Sunday, September 7, 2008

I am officially

a soccer mom! Damian had his first soccer game today, and it was awesome! His team won 6-1, and he made 4! of the goals!!! WOW! It was a really exciting game, and the kids did better than we ever would have expected with only one practice. Even more impressive to me is that Damian has never played on a soccer team before. We let him try it out when he was 4, and took him to a couple practices on a friend's team, but he showed very little interest. Then, this summer, he had the opportunity to attend a one week soccer camp, and he loved it. So with such limited experience with the game, it was amazing to see how well he did today. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next game.
These pics are small, and hard to see, sorry. D's team is the green. In this photo, he's the little green spec to the far left. He's got the ball, and about 4 of the other team's boys on his tail.
On these last two, D's the one in white socks kicking the ball into the goal. He successfully made both of these goals, and 2 more throughout the game. Yay D!!!!! :)

Am I crazy that I actually felt tears in my eyes when he made his first goal, and when he ran through the "tunnel" of parents? I guess I'm just a crazy, emotional, proud mom! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh, I was a soccer mom for YEARS>.glad that is over! lol...but I enjoyed it for about the first 10 years. Giggle

Hmmm...we need soccer kits

My Digital Scrapbook