Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy weekend

Well, since my last post was about Thurs., I'll start w/ Friday. First thing on Friday was that Angel got Student of the Month! Yay! I am so proud of her. The student of the month is awarded to 1 student from each class that has best represented the "character education" word of the month. For Sept. it was RESPECT. I went to the school to watch the assembly and to help out in the teacher's work room for a little while. Fri. evening, Damian had soccer practice. The kids love rolling down the hills next to the soccer fields.
Saturday, Damian had a soccer game, and team pictures. His team didn't win, but he played hard. Toward the end of the game, Damian got knocked flat by a ball kicked straight to his forehead. From where I was, I thought he'd gotten hit in the nose, but it was his forehead. It was a hard kick from pretty close, so he was really hurting. I felt so bad for him. He did get back up and go play the last few minutes of the game. Tough kid! After the game, we went to lunch w/ Aunt Denise. Mmmmmmm, I hadn't had Zio's in quite a while.
Frank got home from his race late last night. He crashed in the first hour, but wasn't hurt. It took a while to get the bike back into the race, though - so he was pretty disappointed. :( It's always nice to have him back, though. :)
I think today will be a nice, relaxing day of church, and being with the family. :) I hope yours is the same. :)

6 comments:

Magicmaker said...

Hi! I've just given you an award see here http://fairydustprincess-magicmaker.blogspot.com/, I love your blog--I read them often, LOL--you didn't know that, right?

Scraps of Candy said...

Great pics. I am glad your son is OK. I would have been freaking out! Your daughter looks so proud! :)

Andrea said...

CONGRATS to your daughter! What an excellent award!! Hope your son is ok. Good thing boys are tough! :)

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Miss Chris said...

Angle looks darling in her photo. Good for her for being honored. Damien seems like quite the trooper! Hope everyone in your family is continuing down the road to good health.

SpeedyCycles said...

Saturday was rough on our family. Angel with the bloody nose, I crashed our race bike going about 85 MPH, Damian thinks he was knocked out for 10 seconds, and Shannon... well, I think she stayed pretty safe ;)

-Hubby

SpeedyCycles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

My Digital Scrapbook