This morning, I caught Hubby and nephew having a quality moment. I thought it was cute enough to capture. :)
Monday, March 30, 2009
Spring break
was last week. So was Dad's birthday. Monday evening, we went to Dad's to have dinner and celebrate his birthday. I love you, Dad! Here's a pic of my kids and Dad looking at the bragbook pages I made for him.
Tuesday was a big day for D. He made Bobcat in Cub Scouts. Here he is w/ another boy getting their Bobcat pins. I'd been told that they turn the kids upside-down to put their pin on them - but apparently they don't do that anymore. :( Too bad - I thought that'd be fun. :)
Wed., we picked up the kids from spending the night at Grandad and Grandma Angie's, and headed to Branson. We love the Titanic Museum. I just took a pic as we drove by. We didn't go through it this time, but have before and really enjoyed it. We went to lunch on the "strip", then on to the vacation home rental we we staying at near Big Cedar. (south of Branson)
We had dinner w/ friends Wed. night, and they gave us tickets to Silver Dollar City. So, of course, we got up Thursday morn, and headed out to SDC for the day. We had a lot of fun. Of course I got pics of the kids, but I really liked this one. There were early spring flowers blooming all over the place, and daffodils everywhere. I wanted to get a pic all day - but we were always on the move and among other people - so I got this shot at the end of the day waiting for the trolley to take us back to our car.
Friday we went to the outlet mall mainly to check out the deals at the Oneida close-out sale. We picked up 2 boxes of new silverware to replace all the silverware that has been mysteriously disappearing since I've been watching my niece and nephew. Hubby has caught my niece several times throwing silverware away! There have obviously been many times no one has caught her, though, as our silverware is dwindling down to nothing, and I've taken to washing and re-using plastic spoons and forks! We also went to the Fudgery, Disney store, Polo and Claire's. Angel had fun in Claire's with the cool sunglasses and accessories. I don't know how much $$ I spent in that store as a teen, and looks like my girl may be on the same track. She spent $2 of her allowance on a pink, glittery brush/mirror that collapses and folds in half.
Saturday, we headed home just in time to drop the kids off at a birthday party. 1/2 an hour later, I had to pick up Angel to take her to a diff. party. This one was a pool party. Here she is standing under the tipping buckets. She's wiping water from her eyes as a bucket just tipped over right above her head.
Sunday night, some friends came over for dinner and games. Here they are being cute and in love. They're about to celebrate their 1st year of marriage in a couple weeks. Aren't they cute?

This morning, I caught Hubby and nephew having a quality moment. I thought it was cute enough to capture. :)
So, we're done with spring break, and the kids are back to school today. I'm back to childcare, and Hubby's back to "work". It's Monday. Have a great week!
This morning, I caught Hubby and nephew having a quality moment. I thought it was cute enough to capture. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
The blog looks beautiful, Shanners!
FWIW, That was MAX that was kissing Megan, not me. I had to take a double-take the first time I saw that pic :0
Post a Comment