Monday, March 2, 2009

AHA Jump Rope for Heart 30th Anniversary

Hello! I'm checking in to post up a plug for the American Heart Association. Both of my kids are jump roping for heart this week at their school. Since I am a bit of a slacker mom, I have not helped them actively raise money before NOW, the week it's actually due. I do believe it's for a great cause, though. The AHA is working to reduce childhood obesity, and to advocate for policies that will increase access to quality physical and health education in schools. My kids only get PE for 1/2 hour 2x/week. I was surprised by that. I thought they'd have PE more often. If you'd like to donate to the AHA, and support Damian and Angel's jump roping efforts, please go to their website HERE to donate. Thank you!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

That is so cool that they still do Jump Rope for Heart in schools! I can remember doing it when I was in 1st grade! I got a yellow t-shirt for doing it. I can still picture what it looked like. Funny I can't remember how well I did with the jumping though. good luck with the raising money part.

My Digital Scrapbook