How does summer always end up so different than what I expect? Last summer - we wasted our days away. No schedule, few activities, not too much sports, just a lazy summer. This year, I thought a little structure would be nice. I set up a schedule, invited friends to join us, expected to stay busy...BUT - things change. This past week has been fun, but completely off schedule! My bro. has been slow at work, and has been home w/ his kids most of the time, so I haven't needed to watch them - which greatly reduces my need to get up early, much less off to story time. Secondly, my Grandad is in town - visiting from San Diego. Since we rarely see him, he has become our priority this week. We've spent more time at Dad's this past week than we have this whole year so far! It's been nice, especially since I've gotten to spend time w/ 2 of my sisters, who have also made spending time w/ Grandad a priority. :) So....my previously planned schedule was ruthlessly shoved aside - but we may bring it back this week. So, here's how last week went:

Sunday, June 7 was Angel's dance recital. It went very well. :) Here she is back stage. Isn't that a beautiful costume?

Monday, June 8 the kids had tennis. Here's D (in orange) playing a game before lessons started.

Tues., June 9, Grandad came to visit. He and Angel have quite the bond. They both think the other is just wonderful. Of course they're both right!

Wed., Frank chaperoned (helped out w/) D's cub scout day camp. Here they are w/ their backpacks ready to head out.

Thurs., my sis came to visit from KC, and brought 3 of her boys w/ her. They were enthralled w/ all the motorcycles we have around here. She allowed Frank to give them a ride on Sean's street bike.

Friday, Angel recieved her first piano lesson from Grandad. He taught her to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Here, he's playing it w/ both hands an octave above and below where she's playing it.

Saturday, D rode in the Race for Life to benefit the Leukemia, Lymphoma Society.

And today, Sunday, June 14, D went "cat fishing"!

Here's a few photos from May (to get me caught up). May 13 was a field trip w/ the kindergarteners to Fantastic Caverns. This is one of the best photos I got from inside the cave. This formation is called "Angel Wings".

May 14: Here the kids are at a friend's house watching "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3-D. I love taking pics of people wearing 3-D glasses. And I like to laugh at how silly they look. :) Of course, I fully expect to be laughed at too, if I wear them!

May 15, I took the little ones to story time at Barnes & Noble.

May 16 was my sister, Alyssa's graduation. We're proud of you, Wuz!
3 comments:
Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave a comment on my blog. Hope you enjoy the papers. ;-)
Hi Shannon,
I was just browsing through some of the blogs on my blog site and got caught up a little on yours. It's fun to see your children in their various activities; I particularly enjoyed reading about Angel bonding with her Grandpa and seeing them play the piano together. Brought back memories. Hope your week is going well.
Nancy
Looks like you guys are having a great summer so far.
Post a Comment