Thursday, December 18, 2008

My little cheerleader

has been busy this past week. She was in the Christmas parade on Sat. We all went to watch. D met up w/ a friend, and my niece kept me warm by sitting on my lap. Tonight was her last class/ parent presentation tonight. She recieved a certificate and a trophy for perfect attendance for 3 semesters.
D (son) must've done well this past month at school. I was just told yesterday that he's been chosen as student of the month for Dec. The character ed. word of the month was honesty, and that's what the teachers and other students go by. They try to choose the student who best displays that trait. I'm so proud of him. Honesty is so important, and he makes very mature decisions when he chooses honesty - even when it's not always easy. I'm a proud mom!
Of course, this time of year I've been busy, too. Monday was Angel's Christmas party at dance class (she's got another one coming up Sat.). Tues. was D's first pack mtg. for cub scouts. As the newest scout in the pack, he got to lead the opening ceremony where they call out directions for the color guard, etc. That was pretty cool! I was supposed to go caroling w/ the YW from church, but had no voice due to this extremely annoying cough I've had, so I stayed at pack mtg and helped w/ the activity. Wed. was my Dad's school Christmas concert. He's a high school/middle school band director. The concert was great. I hate to admit that I dozed off for a couple of songs, but I think I was awake for the mostof it. :) Sorry Dad! It was a great performance by all involved - including some dancers from my step-moms studio who performed during the Nutcracker songs. Of course I've also been busy w/ the normal shopping, wrapping, organizing class parties, taking care of sick kids (and self, and hubby), trying to keep up w/ house cleaning (and failing), etc. I still have cards to send and treats to make. Those are my weekend goals.
I'll try to be back before Christmas, but if not - here's my Christmas blogger card to you:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
May you have a wonderful Christmas filled with making beautiful memories and enjoying many blessings.
Love,
Shannon and family. :)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I wish I had a little girl so I could have experienced the cheerleader thing! The photo of scouts really brought back memories.

SpeedyCycles said...

I am so proud of D also, he is so honest he sets a good example!
I have *tried* to help with the house cleaning :) I hope your (our) cough goes away soon.

-Chubby Hubby

Andrea said...

Your family is so beautiful. Sounds like you've all been very busy! What a cute little cheerleader! And scouts is going to be so fun for your son! I know my oldest loves scouts!

Cheryl said...

Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

My Digital Scrapbook