Sunday, December 7, 2008

Awesome Day

Today was a really fun day! Yay! I love days like today. First I took Angel to dance class and picked up donuts to take home for brunch. In the afternoon, we went to see Santa at the Bass Pro Shop. Their winter wonderland area was great. The kids wrote their letters to Santa and mailed them in Santa's mailbox, and we got a free photo of the kids w/ Santa and one with all of us with Santa. We even saw some friends there, which is always nice, and he took some family pics of us, too. I don't have those yet to post, though. While we were there, Damian practiced his archery - a hobby he enjoys.
This evening, I went with a friend to a local chocolate factory for a tour and to watch the movie Chocolat. It was really fun, and it's a very unique factory. The chocolate is a very pure, rich, dark chocolate. They use only cocoa and organic sugar. We sampled some of the chocolate, and even got to eat the cocoa nibs (peeled cocoa seed). It tastes a little nutty. I bought "sipping cocoa" - different from hot chocolate. The sipping cocoa is just cocoa powder and hot milk - once again, very dark and rich - and not very sweet. I brought some home to try w/ cayenne pepper on it - like in the movie. I did add more milk and sugar, too, so it wasn't quite as thick. I also bought some of their cocoa powder to try in my baking. I wonder if I'll be able to tell any difference.
When I got home tonight - I played cards w/ the family, then the kids watched The Santa Clause 2. Overall, a very enjoyable day. :) I hope yours was just as wonderful. :)

3 comments:

Steve and Kenna said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

SpeedyCycles said...

I am glad you and Ashley were able to enjoy the movie. Lucky we got your seats reserved in time ;)

-Chubby Hubby

Cheryl said...

Wow...I had no idea Bass Pro had such fun stuff for children...really cool!~

My Digital Scrapbook