Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good news and .....

maybe not so good news for this post.
Good - I'm actually posting!
Not good - I only posted once in Aug (so you get all my Aug. pics at once!)
Good: School started, and my kids got to ride the bus home for the very first time!
Not good: Apparently 3rd grade does this: to you
Good: we had lots of fun this summer! D got to try out his sailboat - FINALLY! We have had gorgeous weather for playing and taking pics. Even got a new pet!
We celebrated both Grandma Harris and Great Grandma Harris' birthdays. :)

Dance classes started up, and we've been working hard on the house! We're sooooo close to moving in now! Here are the kitchen pics some of you have asked for. Frank and Vivian did an amazing job on the tile backsplash! I absolutely love it!
Bad news: the wall paint (yellow) did not go well w/ the new cabinets, counters and backsplash - so I had to re-paint the wall an off -white, almost greyish color, but now it all looks good together. And...we have a faucet now! Yay!

More good news: I actually made dinner in this kitchen earlier this week!
Not so good: we learned the hard way that the oven isn't working, the dishwasher isn't hooked up right, and the drain under the sink is clogged. :( Hopefully we'll get all that fixed this week.
Well, that's it for now. I hope to post more often than once a month, but since I also hope to be moving in the next week or so, I can't guarantee anything. Bye bye!

3 comments:

Eden said...

Congratulations on the house progress! Be sure to let your home teachers (Adam) know about the move so they can come help! (Note our plans our to be out of town for Labor Day weekend but that may not be true for his companion, Bro. Church).

Joella said...

How exciting. It looks so beautiful. We want to help you. Let me know when you are moving and what we can do to help. I will call you as well.

emilyw said...

What an awesome fun time you've had! I'm loving your new kitchen! It's fun to read your updates!

My Digital Scrapbook