Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving weekend has been wonderful.  I've been at my Mom's and MIL's  since Thursday, and will head home tomorrow to have another get-together at my Dad's.  We did all the traditional foods and shopping and just spending time together.  The only low points have been those that have gotten the stomach virus going around.  I posted about it last week when the little ones in my home all got it.  I got it Tues. night, and was out of commission all day Wed - which was when I was supposed to bake and head to Mom's.  I still got my pies baked, with the help of my daughter - so sweet!  And D made some cookies all by himself that were a hit with everyone.  I have the greatest kids!  Thurs. morning I was feeling much better, and we got to Mom's about an hour before dinner.  My Grandma Harris is back, and all my sibs were there, but 2.  One lives out of state, and rarely makes it home, and 1 spent the holiday weekend w/ her boyfriend's family.  We sure missed them, and the nephews/niece that were w/ their other parents - but I know we'll see them soon.  Chelle did bring her baby grand-daughter, and I took about a million pics of the beautiful little girl.  I'll have to post later, though, when I'm back home on my own computer.  Dinner at Mom's and MIL's were wonderful, and so nice to spend such a special day w/ family, and everyone getting along and enjoying each other's company.  I have such wonderful families.  :)
Unfortunately, the stomach virus was not finished w/ my family, and Fri. both Hubby and another sis were not feeling well.  We all did a little shopping Fri. and today.  I'm excited about some of the things I found today - can't wait to see the kiddos open their presents!  We'll be heading home tomorrow - looking forward to Thanksgiving at Dad's and helping set up their tree - a tradition.  I'll post pics later, too.  Until then - bye!  

1 comment:

Miss Chris said...

Stomach viruses are the worst. Sorry that they had the be a part of your weekend. I am glad though that you got over it quickly and had some time to do fun holiday things!!!

My Digital Scrapbook